Bouquet Design with Locally Grown Flowers
August 1, 2019 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Join us for an exciting evening learning the basics of growing your own cut flower garden and utilizing beautiful blooms to create your own stunning arrangements with farmer florist Bonnie Warndahl of Winnowburrow Farm. Participation includes:
- The opportunity to work with locally grown cuts that thrive in our zone 4 climate;
- Learning the basics of floral design principles;
- Tips for growing a stunning cutting garden, including annual and perennial focal flowers, filler, and foliage;
- Proper tool use and post-harvest care to ensure success for the longest possible vase-life for your arrangements;
- Experimenting with three different sizes and textures of floral arrangements for perking up your home; and
- Time to socialize, ask questions, and create your own unique masterpiece to take home.
Tickets are $35 and due when you register. An additional $20 materials fee is to be paid directly to Instructor the day of class. Attendees will leave class with the knowledge and confidence to create their own floral masterpieces and with their personal arrangement and vase.
Refreshments such as wine, beer, cocktails, and kombucha will be available for purchase during class.
INSTRUCTOR: Bonnie Warndahl is owner/operator of Winnowburrow Farm In Colfax, Wisconsin. She enjoys creating floral designs for any purpose, from quaint bud-vase arrangements for the window sill to full-service wedding design. Bonnie believes there are no limits to flower power and her only rules are “let creativity in” and “know what the plants need to thrive.” The possibilities are endless. Let’s get designing!