- This event has passed.
FLUTTER & BUZZ
A Family Friendly Pollinator Event at Hungry Turtle Farm
August 21 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Come to the Farm, Build a Mason Bee House, Make Seed Bombs, and More!
Join us for a fun, family-oriented day on the farm focusing on pollinators like bees, butterflies, and birds and the plants they rely on!
- Try operating a pedal-powered honey extractor and see if you can find the queen in a demonstration beehive with Kristy Lynn Allen, owner and operator of The Beez Kneez.
- Make seed bombs for monarch friendly plantings and learn about the monarch’s stages of life with Ann Hobbie, author of the beautiful new children’s book Monarch Butterflies.
- Build your own mason bee house with master carpenter Bob Wuellner. Take it home and start attracting these terrific pollinators.
- Observe and identify different pollinators at work in our pollinator gardens.
This family day will focus on increasing interest and awareness of pollinators and the steps we can take to support and encourage them. You’ll also discover more about what is currently happening in our community, about the connection between pollinators and food, and about how you can get involved.
Attendees will receive a coupon for a special treat at Farm Table’s restaurant in Amery!
Also available for purchase:
- Beverages and snacks
- Monarch books and honey
- Pollinator friendly plants and seeds to start your own pollinator friendly oasis
Come join us! RSVPs HELPFUL.
DONATIONS accepted at the event. Suggested amounts: $15 for adults, $5 for children, $25 for a family to help cover expenses and compensate presenters for their time and expertise.