Your donation will be matched
giveBIG – happens Tuesday, April 26th, and I can hear the murmurs from here: “It seems nonprofits are running fundraisers every month of the year. What’s so special about giveBIG?” “And why Tuesday, April 26th?” “Is giveBig just for making big donations? What’s it do for me?”
Great questions. Fortunately, there are some really good answers.
- GiveBIG is NOT about making big donations. It’s about lots of us making smaller donations for BIG impact right where we live. The minimum donation is $5, but you can make as big a donation as you’d like!
- GiveBIG is about pooling our financial contributions for bigger impact. It means every donation – regardless of size – will make a difference for the local organizations and causes that matter to YOU.
- When you give on Tuesday, April 26th, the combined dollars can collectively qualify for matching funds. If you miss April 26th, many of these matches continue until the end of the month.
When you donate to Farm Table Foundation, your tax-deductible gift will be matched dollar-for-dollar thanks to a very generous grant from an anonymous donor. Your contribution unlocks the matching gift.
Your financial gift will improve our community’s quality of life. For example, Farm Table partners with another nonprofit, Cooked2Serve, to prepare ready-to-heat meals for children and families in need. In the last year or so, Cooked2Serve distributed over 200 meals prepared in our kitchen. Each package easily serves two.
- Your support also helps build a better food system and stronger local economy.
Farm Table buys its ingredients — vegetables, fruits, honey, herbs, mushrooms, meats, dairy and eggs — from small family farms ranging in size from 20 to 300+ acres. They use regenerative practices, including:
- Managed rotational grazing. Cattle, sheep, and goals are moved from pasture to pasture to provide fresh grass and distribute wastes. Livestock trample what they don’t consumer, thereby sequestering carbon in the soil.
- Low-till/no-till planting. Seeds are drilled into the soil instead of plowing wide furrows that leak carbon (a greenhouse gas) into the atmosphere.
- Cover cropping. This approach keeps soil covered to prevent erosion and to provide fertility.
- Mulching. Instead of using herbicides, farmers place cover materials between the plant rows to prevent erosion, suppress weeds and preserve moisture.
- Selecting “place appropriate” breeds. Farmers choose plants and livestock that thrive in our climate and our terrain, thereby avoiding lots of chemical boosters.
What you eat and how it’s grown makes a difference in the field, in the community, and on your plate. We invite you to enjoy Farm Table experiences – opportunities to see, taste, and feel how your support makes a BIG difference.
Your generosity helps build a healthier food system,
and a more vibrant local food culture.
*By donating through giveBigscv, 93.1% of your donation will be disbursed to your selected nonprofit(s). You can choose to cover the 6.9% transaction costs for Farm Table Foundation by turning on the donation booster when you donate. All donations are final and cannot be refunded. All donations on giveBIGscv.org are made to the Mightycause Foundation, a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization that permits donors to advise a regranting of their donations to qualified charitable organizations. Our local giveBIG campaign is organized by the United Way of St. Croix Valley. This helps nonprofits that provide our community with a wide range of services: youth mentorship, food for families in need, shelter for the homeless, water quality protection, wildlife habitat, recovery, the arts, and much more.