Minty-lemon Lentils with Spinach
This recipe is a tasty way to try out lentils with lots of fresh flavors.
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup red lentils
- 6 – 12 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 1 large sweet potato cut into small cubes
- Zest of 1 lemon or lime
- 3 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- Black pepper, to taste
Wash your hands with soap and water, then gather all your kitchen gear and ingredients and put them on a clean counter.
- Cook garlic 1 minute in saucepan over medium heat with a little vegetable broth.
- Add vegetable broth, lentils, and potatoes and bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 – 15 minutes until lentils are tender.
- Add spinach, lemon or lime zest and juice, and cayenne.
- Cover and simmer until spinach wilts.
- Stir in mint and add black pepper to taste.
Thanks to our partner, PowerUp 4 Kids, for this recipe!